What is Invisalign?
Invisalign uses clear acrylic aligners to straighten teeth and reshape one’s smile. It’s a modern alternative to traditional braces, helping to shift crooked teeth into place without the need for metal wires and brackets.
The aligner trays that Invisalign uses are designed in a way that captures the exact mold of your teeth, making sure to fit snugly on top of them. Not to mention, they look completely invisible once on your teeth. It’s impossible for someone to tell that you have aligner trays in your mouth. Invisalign is also great in the sense that the trays can be taken out when eating, allowing you to eat whatever you want without having to filter the diet for years on end.
Questions About How Does Invisalign Work??
How Does Invisalign Work?
Invisalign relies on advanced modern technology to create a personalized treatment plan for each patient. The process begins with a digital scan of your teeth, eliminating the need for messy physical impressions. Instead, Dr. Bhavani Swarna uses 3D imaging to map out the precise shape of the teeth, including the fissures and grooves on every tooth. This ultimately helps with the alignment of teeth as well as the correct aligner size.
Nevertheless, once the treatment plan is drafted, a series of custom-made aligners are created for the patient. Each aligner tray is meant to be worn for about two weeks, during which they will help to gradually shift the teeth into the correct position.
Ultimately, the purpose of aligners is to apply steady pressure on the teeth, allowing for precise, predictable movements without causing a lot of pain. As the treatment processes and you switch out older aligners for newer ones in weeks, the results slowly come into view, bringing you closer to your dream smile.
Benefits of Invisalign
Surprisingly, there are far more benefits of Invisalign than their clear appearance and removable trays. Take a look below to see some of the amazing benefits of Invisalign treatment.
- Invisalign is personalized according to the unique dental structure and alignment needs of every patient.
- Unlike traditional braces, you can eat and drink without restrictions if you have Invisalign since the aligners can be easily removed.
- Considering that there aren’t any brackets or wires blocking the teeth, maintaining oral hygiene is easier, as it reduces the risk of plaque buildup and tooth decay.
- Invisalign aligners are removable, which means you can take them out when brushing your teeth or eating food.
- While braces might affect your speech, Invisalign aligners typically have minimal impact on how you speak.
- With Invisalign, there are fewer visits to the dentist, making it a convenient treatment option.
- Invisalign trays are made from a smooth and comfortable material, which reduces the chances of irritation and inflammation.
Request An Appointment
Click Here To Schedule